Are you a poet, a novelist, a short-story writer, or even all three? Writing is like exercise for the mind. When you’re about to do a workout, be it running, weights, or any other physical activity, you need to stretch a bit, ease in, and prepare your body for the work to come. Writing is no different and Plinky is here to help.
Writing prompts are a great way to warm up to your writing project. Logging in to Plinky each day brings a new writing challenge with no real rules, and a safe place to write freely on the subject we present or to capture your stream of consciousness — to free your mind — so that your ideas and writing can flow.
The prompt you choose to respond to is up to you — scroll backward through the prompts and select one that catches your muse’s attention, and the rest is simple. Just write!
Here’s a few of our most recent prompts to get you started — just a sampler to turn on your imagination and get you writing:
- Write about something that happened over the weekend as though it’s the top story on your local paper.
- Defend your vice. How did you start? Why would you quit?
- Plan the ultimate celebration for the person you’re closest to, and tell us about it. Where is it? Who’s there? What’s served? What happens?
- What’s your dream tourist destination — either a place you’ve been and loved, or a place you’d love to visit? What about it speaks to you?
- Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in “the zone”?
Like what you see? Sign up for a Plinky account and making writing prompts a part of your daily writing time.